CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 25, 2014

Combo Boards!


I don't know about you, but I never seem to have enough display space in my classroom.  Never mind that I have five (!) bulletin boards. I want most of my display space to be for student work or instructional materials, but I realize it is important to have other displays like birthdays, job charts, and classroom management items.  That's why this year I came up with the idea of "combination" displays.  A combo board serves multiple functions in a small space.
The first example is my job chart/birthday board.  The pocket chart has has class jobs, which I call "leaders".  This goes with our school focus of the "Leader in Me".  Around the outside of the chart, I have a cupcake for each student with their birthday.  The cupcakes are in chronological order, so when a child has a birthday, I can just pull the cupcake off, pop it on a pencil, and give it as a gift.

 
     Another example of a combo board is my Super Improver Wall.  Using cards clipped to the pockets, I can add my Super Improver stars.  At the same time I can keep track of discipline by using the colored cards behind.  If students break a classroom rule, I move the cards.  The consequences for each color are above the display.




No comments:

Post a Comment