CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Displays for 2013-2014: Part 1 Writing

This week we had two days of teacher workshops, so I was able to get back into my room and do a little setting up.  I have been focusing on setting up for Writing instruction.  Here are the latest pics:
My "Writer's Block" starts out very simply.  I have the six traits and the title "Writer's Block".  Over the first weeks of instruction the traits will be moved to the side of the bulletin board as the actual board is filled with posters that we co-create as part of the lessons.
This is the example of one smaller poster.  The words on the poster match the assessment rubric exactly, so that students can get used to the language of the rubric.  On the first day students decorate the cover of their notebook on the inside front cover write their three goals for the year.

Above the Writer's Block is a graphic with the levels of proficiency I use in my classroom:  substantially below proficient, partially proficient, proficient, and distinctive.  These are the same designations used by my state.

These are my completed editor name badges (see this post) with my shape-coded levels.  There are a couple of students without shapes because they are new to our district.  I will do a writing benchmark on them in the first week to get their current level of functioning and complete their name badge.
This is an expanded view to show how the name badges double as an attendance board.

No comments:

Post a Comment